Thursday, June 14, 2012

In The Beginning...

Let me just start by saying that this is a whole new experience for me, a new beginning!  I hope I can be successful and not boring.  I find myself at a point in my life where my children are getting older and I ask myself what am I doing with my life...
I know, that sounds so cliche, but it is true!  I am hoping to share some of my experiences in caring for older adults in order to help others make better choice as they get older.  I started working in long term care at the age of 17 as certified nursing assistant after having my first child and went on to become a nurse.  I continued in long term care because I enjoy caring for older adults. Currently, at the age of 40, I manage an Adult Day Center in Pennsylvania.
The thing I love the most about older adults is you never have to wonder what they are thinking, that is one thing as we age, there is a point where you finally realize this is who I am, if you don't like, TOUGH!  If you talk to anyone that knows me, they will probably tell you that I usually say exactly what is on my mind which can get me into trouble sometimes but most of the time people usually appreciate my openness.  At least I hope so.
So anyway, enough blah, blah, blah:  My hope is to bring you meaningful, useful and sometimes inspirational information that relates to our aging population which will be all of us one day sooner or later...

The ultimate goal,of course, is to hopefully to succeed at Aging with Ease!

No comments:

Post a Comment